Sustainability and Integrated Energy Design
Henning Larsen Architects takes a holistic approach as regards
reducing the overall environmental impact of the building during
its entire life span. In this context, this applies to energy,
water, resources, materials, transport, waste etc. - however, with
a particular focus on energy consumption.
In addition to the energy and indoor climate conditions, the
project has also worked with sustainability in terms of materials
consumption during construction, choice of cladding materials,
accessibility, reduction of water consumption, waste handling,
operation, usage conditions, plot maintenance etc.
The sustainable solutions have been incorporated into the
project by means of Integrated Energy Design. Focus has been
• Low energy consumption - a minimum of low energy class 1
according to Danish building regulations or passive house
• Optimal indoor climate - for both employees and guests
• Ample daylight at all permanent workstations
• Climate-adapted building
• Flexible building supported by flexible and future-proof
solutions for installations, structures and safety
• Choice of solutions with great robustness, long life span and
high degree of operational reliability
• Focus on CO2 reduction - during construction and in the
operation of the building, for instance by preparing CO2 accounts
for selected main areas
• Annual costs - construction and operation
The experience of Henning Larsen Architects shows that
cross-disciplinary collaboration from the very first design phases
results in better projects for both the client and users.
Therefore, we have strong focus on collaboration, communication and
involvement of the right competencies at the right time.