We are seeking a Senior Architect with 8-10+ years of relevant professional experience in Civic / Government and Office building projects with a strong understanding of the complexity of such pro-jects. Must demonstrate experience with managing design excellence through the construction phase.
What will be your responsibilities?
• Responsible for organizing, scheduling, and executing work efforts for significant portions of the project under oversight from the Lead Designer and PM
• Leads the preparation of detailed design drawings and documents including project narra-tive and has excellent writting skills
• Inquisitive and creative with design and technical solutions that focus on buildability and maintenance standards
• Assist and mentor team members and set an example of professionalism in the studio
• Respond to contractor questions, inquiries, RFI’s while maintaining design excellence
What are we looking for?
• Minimum 8-10+ years of post-graduate professional experience from Concept Design through construction and project close-out
• Experience with Civic / Government / Office building projects (required)
• Highly developed skills in client and consultant communications, including working with an Architect-of-Record
• Experience with medium- to large-scale projects through construction above 100,000 SF
• Demonstrable experience with programming and functional adjacencies
• Demonstrable leadership skills and an interest in mentorship
• Highly developed skills in technical detailing
• Extensive understanding of materials, specifications, construction processes, systems, and methodologies in the U.S. market
• In-depth knowledge of and experience with codes, DOB, and regulatory agencies
• An architectural license (required); LEED accreditation (preferred)
• Revit proficiency (essential), practical knowledge of AutoCAD, Rhino, Grasshopper, Navis-works, Solibri, scripting and programming
• Organized professional who is comfortable working in a growing office
• M.Arch Degree from a NAAB accredited school • Must be eligible to work in the U.S. permanently without sponsorship
• Fluent in English