We’re looking for someone who is passionate about changing the way we design the built environment. Technical skills are important, but we also value your approach, attitude, and desire to help shape our vision. What do we offer?
As our new Computational Design Architect, you will be part of our interdisciplinary design studio, focusing on advanced computational design strategies, parametric modelling, automation, and data management. You will work on projects with the design team to ensure that our software solutions enable our designs and create a sustainable impact. You will be part of a large, international studio environment with many social events alongside the daily delicious lunches in our canteen and Friday bars on the best rooftop terrace in the city.What will be your main responsibilities?
Most of your time will be allocated project work and you will be introduced to all phases of design -from initial pitches with clients to more advanced modelling for detailed design solutions.You will be:
• Part of a design team that builds parametric and generative BIM-based design solutions.
• Leading software development on projects with our team and clients.
• Running performance analysis to inform the early design processes (Life-cycle-assessments, Microclimate analysis ect.)
• Co-creating future-facing digital visions and strategies.
• Teaching other architects how to design with Revit, Dynamo, Grasshopper, Python & C#.What are we looking for?
We are looking for a structured and technically oriented architect or creative engineer who can code. You have the ambition to make the world more sustainable and smarter. You are an organized professional who can work on several projects in a structured way. You have good communication skills and are able to push people out of their comfort zone.You:
• Are optimistic and collaborative when engaging with team members and clients.
• Are flexible and have an open attitude towards new ways of working, with a commitment to independent, lifelong learning.
• Have a flair for visual communication and graphic storytelling.
• Are highly knowledgeable with the following CAD applications: Rhino, Grasshopper, Revit, Dynamo
• Are highly experienced with simulation applications such as: Radiance/Honeybee/Ladybug, OpenFOAM or similar
• Have an interest in machine learning, including Tensorflow or PyTorch.
• Have an interest in GPU and GPGPU programming, including CUDA or similar.
• Have an interest in developing applications using computer game platforms, particularly Unity or Unreal EngineWho are we?
Rooted in the Scandinavian design tradition, merging aesthetic, social, and intellectual design features, we develop vibrant, sustainable architecture that extends beyond itself and provides lasting value to the users and local context.
We were founded in 1959 by Danish architect Henning Larsen, whose name we are proud to carry today. Our architectural approach is based on curiosity and artistic audacity, resting on a solid foundation of knowledge-based design and attention to detail. We design our projects as generous gestures, reaching out to their audience and allowing them to experience the unexpected.
Our projects are born out of a non-hierarchical work environment and strong local presence. We are based in Copenhagen, with local offices in New York, Munich, Hong Kong, Riyadh, Oslo, and the Faroe Islands.
Reporting to: Director of Sustainability and Innovation