We are seeking strong designers with 8-10+ years of relevant professional experience in new construction of office building projects over 100,000 sf AND/OR mixed-use masterplans with a strong understanding of the complexity of such projects. Must demonstrate experience working on notable projects. What will be your responsibilities?
• Stong design voice and experience leading architectural design
• Optimistic and collaborative when engaging with team members.
• Lead intermediate and entry-level team members to develop designs and detailed documentation.
• Confident, self-starter approach, comfortable presenting to significant clients and authorities.
• Coordinate design ideas with consultants and other external collaborators
• Manage time and workload to meet project and task deadlines.
• Open to learning new information while also sharing knowledge with less experienced staff.What are we looking for?
• Minimum 8-10+ years of post-graduate professional experience from Concept Design through Design Development.
• Experience with new construction of class A Office buildings OR complex mixed-use masterplans (required).
• Highly developed skills in client and consultant communications.
• Demonstrable leadership skills.
• Practical understanding of materials, specifications, construction processes, systems, and methodologies in the U.S. Market
• Practical knowledge of and experience with codes, DOB, and regulatory agencies
• An architectural license (preferred); LEED accreditation (preferred),
• Revit proficiency (preferred), practical knowledge of AutoCAD (required), Rhino (required), Grasshopper, Enscape, 3ds Max, Navisworks, Solibri, scripting and programming (preferred)
• Organized professional who is comfortable working in a growing office.
• M.Arch Degree from a NAAB accredited school
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S. permanently without sponsorship
• Fluent in English Anticipated
Start Date: January - February 2020Who are we?
Henning Larsen is an international architecture company with strong Scandinavian roots. Our goal is to create vibrant, sustainable buildings and cities that reach beyond themselves and become of durable value to the user and to the society and culture that they are built into. Our company was founded in 1959 and currently employs around 300 people. Currently, we have offices are in Copenhagen, New York, Hong Kong, Munich, Oslo, and Faroe Islands. Follow us at Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter
Director of Operations North America