We are seeking entry level designers with 1-3+ years of relevant professional experience with a strong understandings of the complexity of 100,000 sf + buildings AND/OR complex masterplans. Must demonstrate experience working on notable projects.What will be your responsibilities?
• Inquisitive and creative with design and technical solutions with the ability to translate them into professional documents.
• Optimistic and collaborative when engaging with team members.
• Work with senior team members to develop designs and detailed documentation.
• Work with senior team members on portions of the project with a determined and self-starting approach.
• Coordinate with consultants as required.
• Manage time and workload to meet project and task deadlines.
• Open to learning new information while also sharing knowledge with less experienced staff.What are we looking for?
• Have contributed to a work-shared Revit project, practical knowledge of AutoCAD, Rhino, Grasshopper, Enscape, 3ds Max, Navisworks, Solibri, scripting and programming.
• Minimum 1-3 years of post-graduate professional experience including concept design, schematic design, and design development.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong understanding of programming and functional adjacencies.
• Demonstrably strong iterative design approach.
• An interest in technical design solutions.
• Practical understanding of materials and building systems in the U.S. market.
• Organized professional who is comfortable working in a growing office.
• Degree from a NAAB accredited school.
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S. permanently without sponsorship.
• Fluent in English.
Anticipated Start Date: January - February 2020Who are we?
Henning Larsen is an international architecture company with strong Scandinavian roots. Our goal is to create vibrant, sustainable buildings and cities that reach beyond themselves and become of durable value to the user and to the society and culture that they are built into. Our company was founded in 1959 and currently employs around 300 people. Currently, we have offices are in Copenhagen, New York, Hong Kong, Munich, Oslo, and Faroe Islands. Follow us at Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter
Director of Operations North America